Scan logging database system

flashnl

Hi,

I'm a pharmacy student trying to set up a scan logging system. I have a barcodescanner, computer and label software.
I have a excelfile (database) with information about medicines, with all the information about the medicine in one row.
So like this:
aspirin| product code 12345| barcode 54321| white tablet | etc.

i want to make a logbook for workers here to be able to work in.
I want them to be able to scan a product with our barcode scanner (it scans and ''types'' the number and then presses enter).
After scanning i want the logbook to recognise the code and give an error if not recognised, but if its recognised i would want to have the file automatically enter all the data from the database in the logbook.

the ideal situation would be if the worker using this logbook would not be able to adjust anything except adding the expiracy date and batchnumber of the product, aswell as their initials.
so the output would be like this:

batchnumber | date| workerinitials| aspirin| product code 12345| barcode 54321| white tablet |

i already have made the database and i have a logbook with: IF() formula that gives me a ''barcode found''/'barcode not found' that works. Although i would like to add a red/green color indicator to this if possible.
I'm kinda struggling with making a formula that will paste the information out of the database in my logbook. I'm Using Vlookup but cant get the multiple colums to paste, same thing goes for when using index.

Can anybody help me in the right direction? should i use acces instead of excel by the way?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
well after a whole day of googling i found small bits and pieces to make the solution i have now, vlookups and vba code did the trick!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back