Can anyone identify this data structure? I need tips on how to work with it.

Elihue

I need help understanding this data structure. I've looked through it and I understand how it works but I don't know exactly what it is called (I am a novice when it comes to databases). Therefor, I am in the dark on finding solutions to work with it and manipulate it. I need to break it down into a readable format as well as perform calculations on it. It is an (.XLSX) format file. It has multiple tabs. Each tab has fields that are mean't to relate the tabs to one another. I know it all needs to be associated by the column called "CollectionID" that was easy to figure out and understand. Trying to work with this data on the other hand has been exceedingly annoying. I am having trouble displaying this data how I want to view it. So to boil it down, does anyone know what the technical name for this data structure is, and what the best methods of working with it are? I'll post the data in a google drive link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L-1F62lq6kB-u5_rphQbj05VYFhH1T8Q

In that google drive link is the data, and my best shot at getting it into a readable format with some pivot tables. If you look at the power pivot tables, there are five. I really want to smash "POLE SPANS", "EQUIPMENT", and "SPAN Guys" together. Likewise, I want to smash "SPAN LENGTH AND TYPE", and "MIDSPANS" together. I am at a dead end here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd be willing to give someone a starbucks gift card if they have enough useful information for me.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back