I need to get a date in the future but it needs to correspond to the exact day of the week

gazza2excel

Hi

Posting for the 1st time in an excel forum as I cannot locate a solution to my day query in excel.

I have a list of dates from 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016, each date has a numeric value associated with it.

I need to build a profile for 2018 from 1st Jan to 31st Dec, the issue is 1st April 2015 is a Wednesday but 1st April 2018 is a Sunday, as the day is of significant importance 1st April 2015 should correspond to 4th April 2015 which is a Wednesday as well and would more or less fall in a similar week number.

Issues to consider - I always need to build a profile from the start of the year i.e. 1st Jan to the end i.e. 31st Dec, the years will increase over time i.e. 2018, 2019 etc.

The dates that have the numeric value can vary, it can start in any month or year but will always have 365 data points except in a leap year.

Is there an excel formula or is VBA required.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back