Build new table from existing table

reaktorblue

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hiyas,

I have a worksheet ("Plugins") that contains a table ("tblPlugins") with one of the columns ("Installed") having data validation that contains Yes/No. I'm trying to build a new table in a separate worksheet based on the condition that if the column ("Installed") has a value of Yes, that the data should exist in the new table.

Is there a way to do this?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
See if this is what you want.

Sheet 'Plugins' with "tblPlugins"

Excel Workbook
ABC
1IDInstalledAmount
2ID1No1
3ID22
4ID3Yes3
5ID4Yes4
6ID5Pending5
7ID6Yes6
Plugins

'Other' sheet with second table, "tblYes". Formula in A2 is copied across and down

Excel Workbook
ABC
1IDInstalledAmount
2))/(tblPlugins:]="Yes"),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")]ID3Yes3
3ID4Yes4
4ID6Yes6
Other

Upvote 0
Thank you so much! I'm still running into a bit of an issue. Ideally, I was hoping for the output to be an actual table as opposed to a list or range but, I'm not sure that's possible. This solution does work for the most part but has some quirks but I think it's because I wasn't entirely clear on the data.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help with this one!

Excel 2010
ABCDEFGH
1NameURLDependenciesDescriptionCostServer1Server2Server3
2Plugin 1www.plugin1url.comTestThis is a description$ 10.00Yes
3Plugin 2www.plugin2url.comTestSo is this$ 5.00
4Plugin 3www.plugin3url.comThis one tooYes
5Plugin 4www.plugin4url.comTestAgain, this one$ 3.00
6Plugin 5www.plugin5url.comLastly, so is thisYes
tblPlugins

Current Output - The problem I'm running into here is blank dependency entries appear as a 0. I'm trying to leave them as blank entries. Additionally, when an entry has no cost, I want to leave it as a blank entry as well.

Excel 2010
ABCDE
1NameURLDependenciesDescriptionCost
2Plugin 1www.plugin1url.comTestThis is a description$ 10.00
3Plugin 3www.plugin3url.com0This one too$ -
4Plugin 5www.plugin5url.com0Lastly, so is this$ -
Server1

Current Output

Excel 2010
ABCDE
2Plugin 1www.plugin1url.comTestThis is a description$ 10.00
3Plugin 3www.plugin3url.comThis one too
4Plugin 5www.plugin5url.comLastly, so is this
Desired Output

<table width="85%" cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" ><tr><td style="padding:6px" ><b>Worksheet Formulas</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" width="100%" rules="all" style="border: 1px solid;text-align:center;background-color: rgb(255,255,255);border-collapse: collapse; border-color: rgb(187,187,187)"><thead><tr style=" background-color: rgb(218,231,245);color: rgb(22,17,32)"><th width="10px">Cell</th><th style="text-align:left;padding-left:5px;">Formula</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th width="10px" style=" background-color: rgb(218,231,245);color: rgb(22,17,32)">A2</th><td style="text-align:left">=IFERROR(<font color="Blue">INDEX(<font color="Red">tblPlugins[Name],AGGREGATE(<font color="Green">15,6,(<font color="Purple">ROW(<font color="Teal">tblPlugins[Name]</font>)-ROW(<font color="Teal">tblPlugins[[#Headers],[Name]]</font>)</font>)/(<font color="Purple">tblPlugins[[Server1]:[Server1]]="Yes"</font>),ROWS(<font color="Purple">A$2:A2</font>)</font>)</font>),""</font>)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></table><br />

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ideally, I was hoping for the output to be an actual table as opposed to a list or range ...
Mine are tables, it is just that Excel jeanie does not show the standard banded table formatting. However, a formula cannot create a table. I created a blank table with ample rows on sheet Server1 below before populating the formulas.

A formula like I have provided that collects data from another table also will not create a hyperlink or copy the currency formatting from the 'Cost' column, you will need to do that formatting in the Server1 table yourself.

The problem I'm running into here is blank dependency entries appear as a 0. I'm trying to leave them as blank entries. Additionally, when an entry has no cost, I want to leave it as a blank entry as well.>
That requires a bit more work from the formula but can be achieved as shown below.

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGH
1NameURLDependenciesDescriptionCostServer1Server2Server3
2Plugin 1www.plugin1url.comTestThis is a description$10.00Yes
3Plugin 2www.plugin2url.comTestSo is this$5.00
4Plugin 3www.plugin3url.comThis one tooYes
5Plugin 4www.plugin4url.comTestAgain, this one$3.00
6Plugin 5www.plugin5url.comLastly, so is thisYes
tblPlugins

Excel Workbook
ABCDE
2))/(tblPlugins:]=&quot;Yes&quot;),ROWS(A$2:A2)))=&quot;&quot;,&quot;&quot;,INDEX(tblPlugins,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(tblPlugins)-ROW(tblPlugins,]))/(tblPlugins:]=&quot;Yes&quot;),ROWS(A$2:A2)))),&quot;&quot;)]Plugin 1www.plugin1url.comTestThis is a description$10.00
3Plugin 3www.plugin3url.comThis one too
4Plugin 5www.plugin5url.comLastly, so is this
Server1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back