VBA to copy and paste a range multiple times based on cell value

blueice2627

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a macro that will take a range from one worksheet (total of 4 columns and 14 rows), and copy it multiple times below each paste (one after another) based on the value in another cell. Essentially I am using this macro to create coupons and based on the number of coupons, it will continue to copy and paste until the correct number of coupons have been made. This is my first time doing what i think needs to be a loop statement, any help would be greatly appreciated!

What I have created so far is:
Code:
    Dim CopyCount As Integer
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim SecondSetStart As Range

CopyCount = RepeatTimes  'This refers to the cell that has the number of times to repeat the copy/paste 
    For x = 1 To CopyCount
    Set Rng = Range("SecondSet") 'SecondSet is the range of cells that is being copied
    Set StartRng = Range("A14") 'StartRng is where the first paste will go, following pastes need to be 13 rows after this, A27, A40, etc...

Do Until x = CopyCount

Range("Rng").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Coupon Printing").Select
    Range("StartRng").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste

Where i am getting lost... or the end of my knowledge on this is subject... How do i make my range a variable that increments 13 rows to continue the loop?

Thanks again in advance!

Because it's copying 14 rows.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Hi, would it be possible to add to your code below to copy the row height from the original range to the new range? Thanks

Code:
Sub CopyMulti()
Range("A1:D14").Copy Range("A15").Resize(14 * [COLOR=#ff0000]Range("E1").Value[/COLOR])
End Sub

Upvote 0
Are the row heights all the same?

Upvote 0
In that case use
Code:
Sub CopyMulti()
Range("A1:D14").Copy Range("A15").Resize(14 * Range("E1").Value)
Range("A15").Resize(14 * Range("E1").Value).RowHeight = Range("A1").RowHeight
End Sub

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Hey, good morning. This thread has been massively useful for me so far - thanks! However I have the situation where the row heights in the original range are not all the same but need to be retained. Would you please be able to advise on how to achieve this?

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
You will need to loop through the rows, setting the rowheight one by one.

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff,

I'm very new to VBA and this thread was also super helpful for me. I used your single line of code to copy a chunk of data and paste it below the original chunk repeatedly based on a number in a cell. However, when I try to use that code to paste the chunk of data to the left of the original chunk repeatedly based on the number in the cell, it only pastes it once instead of the number of times indicated. Is there a way to resolve this? Why does it only work pasting downward instead of to the left? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back