Can VBA cover this - Compare 2 workbooks to create 1 table

Expal2018

Hi,

Not got much knowledge of VBA, so thought i'd ask.

I have 2 workbooks, 1 has a report from my inbound dialler that shows numbers called and the disposition from one of our agents (sale, call back etc.), the other workbook is a download from Google Adwords that shows the calls made and keywords used. Both workbooks are from the same day.

I want to match the google report to the dialler report to tell me which keywords made which calls and the outcome of those calls. Preferably adding these to a daily table of keyword used and outcome.

Currently i'm using excel to do this but across 6 accounts on a daily basis, but it's taking a lot of time, will a VBA formulae be able to do this?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Have you tried using Power Query? Couldn't you connect to each workbook, then merge the files based on phone number (can get exact matches, or full outer and filter)?
Alternatively, If you could simply append all records, you could make two folders where you put these files in respectively. Then use power query to connect to a folder, append records, and transform data if needed to make cleaner join on phone number. Repeat with second connection to other folder and append and clean up. Then merge based on phone number, transform, and load that sheet. Every time you add files to those folders and refresh, it will add new records to main sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back