Vba code to add and copy data needed

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have three data tables. Two of them are sitting on a single sheet and the other is on a different sheet.

I am adding from the two tables from the single sheet and pasting the result to the Sheet2 table.

Table 1 starts from G4 to O104 and Table 2 starts from P4 to X104.

Then table 3 starts from D4 to L104.(This is where I am adding to)

This is how I want to add:

Add G4 and P4 and place result into D4
Then H4 and Q4 and place result into E4 , etc

Thanks for helping
Kelly

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
So I have tried to come up with this code that is doing what I want to do but I left with how to loop it with a for loop maybe. If there is a better and fast way please learn me know:
Code:
Sub CopyAdd()
    Dim Ms As Worksheet, Cs As Worksheet
    Set Ms = Sheet3
    Set Cs = Sheet4
    With Ms
    .Range("D4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("G7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("P7").Value * 0.5, 0))

.Range("E4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("H7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("Q7").Value * 0.5, 0))
    .Range("F4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("I7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("R7").Value * 0.5, 0))
    .Range("G4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("J7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("S7").Value * 0.5, 0))
    .Range("H4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("K7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("T7").Value * 0.5, 0))
    .Range("I4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("L7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("U7").Value * 0.5, 0))
    .Range("J4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("M7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("V7").Value * 0.5, 0))
    .Range("K4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("N7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("W7").Value * 0.5, 0))
    .Range("L4").Value = Application.Sum(Cs.Range("O7").Value, Application.RoundUp(Cs.Range("X7").Value * 0.5, 0))

'.Range(.Cells(7, 2), .Cells(107, 28))

'.Range("M4").Value = Application.Sum(Ms.Range("D4:L4").Value)
    Ms.Range(.Cells(4, 13)).Value = Application.Sum(Ms.Range(.Cells(4, 4), .Cells(4, 12)).Value)
    End With

End Sub

I wanna use the “.cells” so that I can employ some variables in a loop to get workdone but it seems I am getting stacked with it. I am not that cool with this trick so I need seniors here pull me out:
Code:
    Ms.Range(.Cells(4, 13)).Value = Application.Sum(Ms.Range(.Cells(4, 4), .Cells(4, 12)).Value)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Kelly:

Try this (change the value of "x To" to reflect how ever many rows you wish to copy/add minus one):

Code:
Sub CopyAdd()
    Dim x As Integer, y As Integer
    Set Ms = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet3")
    Set Cs = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet4")
    With Cs
        For x = 0 To 10
            For y = 0 To 8
                Ms.Range("D4").Offset(x, y).Value = Application.Sum(.Range("G7").Offset(x, y).Value, Application.RoundUp(.Range("P7").Offset(x, y).Value * 0.5, 0))
            Next y
        Next x
    End With
End Sub

You could use a similar method using the .cells command, but I find it easier to read and edit A1 reference style as in the above code.

Regards,

CJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello CJ,

It worked perfectly
The only issue I had is I tried this :

Code:
For X = 0 To .Range ("B1007").End (xlUp).Row - 1

It still copies 10 rows. I know I am doing something wrongly buy can't figure it out

Upvote 0
Try this:

Code:
Sub CopyAdd()
    Dim lRow As Long
    With Cs
        lRow = .Range("G7").End(xlDown).Row - 7
        For x = 0 To lRow
            For y = 0 To 8
                Ms.Range("D4").Offset(x, y).Value = Application.Sum(.Range("G7").Offset(x, y).Value, Application.RoundUp(.Range("P7").Offset(x, y).Value * 0.5, 0))
            Next y
        Next x
    End With
End Sub

Note that I am using minus 7 for lRow because we are starting in G7. If that starting cell changes, adjust accordingly.

Regards,

CJ

Upvote 0
Sub CopyAdd()
Dim lRow As Long
With Cs
lRow = .Range("G7").End(xlDown).Row - 7
For x = 0 To lRow
For y = 0 To 8
Next y
Ms.Range("N7").Offset(x, 0).Value = Application.Sum(.Range(Cells (x+7, 4), Cells(x+7, 13)).Value)
Next x
End With
End Sub

I updated the code like this and when I call it from the userform, I get an error meanwhile I get no errors when I run it from the module. Any reason why?

Upvote 0
What is the error you are getting? Please post the code from your userform that you are using to call it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back