VBA Solver - Multiple ranges of variables and constraints

DOtjacq1

Hello All,

I am using VBA in order to automatize my Solver on multiple problems.

I want to run the solver taking only the range of parameters, constraints and decision variables for which the value is non-zero.

And I want to related to theses ranges created in the solver.

Here is part of my code referring to this idea:

Code:
Dim my_rangeDecisonVariableALL As Range
    For Each cell In rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -363).Range("A1:CL1")
        If cell.Value <> 0 Then
            If my_rangeDecisonVariableALL Is Nothing Then
                Set my_rangeDecisonVariableALL = cell
            Else
                Set my_rangeDecisonVariableALL = Union(my_rangeDecisonVariableALL, cell)
            End If
        End If
    Next
    'my_rangeDecisonVariableALL.Select

Dim my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle As Range
    For Each cell In rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -363).Range("A1:CK1")
        If cell.Value <> 0 Then
            If my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle Is Nothing Then
                Set my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle = cell
            Else
                Set my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle = Union(my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle, cell)
            End If
        End If
    Next
    'my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle.Select

For i = 1 To 2
            'Loop to solve the problem twice with the same starting point, ensuring reaching at least one local optimum
            SolverReset
            'Reset the solver for the second run keeping data of the first run

SolverOk SetCell:=rngObjectCell.Address, MaxMinVal:=2, ValueOf:=0, ByChange:=my_rangeDecisonVariableALL.Address, _
            Engine:=1, EngineDesc:="GRG Nonlinear"
            SolverAdd CellRef:=my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle.Address, Relation:=1, FormulaText:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -274).Address
            SolverAdd CellRef:=my_rangeDecisonVariableALL.Address, Relation:=1, FormulaText:="25"
            SolverAdd CellRef:=my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle.Address, Relation:=3, FormulaText:="0"
            SolverAdd CellRef:=my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle.Address, Relation:=1, FormulaText:=my_rangeDemand_dij.Address
            SolverAdd CellRef:=my_rangeDecisonVariableNeedle.Address, Relation:=4, FormulaText:="integer"
            SolverAdd CellRef:=my_rangeQY_qij_Yij.Address, Relation:=2, FormulaText:=my_rangeDemand_dij.Address
            SolverAdd CellRef:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -274).Address, Relation:=3, FormulaText:="0"
            SolverAdd CellRef:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -274).Address, Relation:=1, FormulaText:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -455).Address
            SolverAdd CellRef:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -274).Address, Relation:=4, FormulaText:="integer"
            SolverAdd CellRef:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -182).Address, Relation:=2, FormulaText:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -455).Address
            SolverAdd CellRef:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -182).Address, Relation:=2, FormulaText:=rngObjectCell.Offset(0, -184).Address
            SolverOk SetCell:=rngObjectCell.Address, MaxMinVal:=2, ValueOf:=0, ByChange:=my_rangeDecisonVariableALL.Address, _
            SolverSolve (True)

SolverSolve userFinish:=True
            SolverFinish KeepFinal:=1

Next i

I have two problems:

- The way I am building a new range of the non-zero value from another range is not working perfectly, it does not put the non-zero value of a column when this non-zero value is preceded by another non-zero value

- The model does take into account the new range defined for the decision variable (after the ByChange:=) but it does not work for the constraint defined with such a new range

Does anyone could help me with this request please ?

Thank you

Damien

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back