Excel Error -Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications. Continue with Undo?"

Geeta2014

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
  3. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
this occurs when copying and pasting from one worksheet to another worksheet (impossible for me to confirm but I strongly believe the sheet being copied from was created in 2003 Version and is being pasted into file created in 2010 Version - if that matters. Also integrated with a database.

Is there somewhere I can find a list of ALL the possibilities that can generate this error? I noticed someone else asked this question on this board a few years ago but no one responded.

"Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications. Continue with Undo?"

It is very unlikely this error has anything to do with available memory.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
So on what do you base your statement that it is unlikely to do with available memory? Have you checked to see how much memory the Excel process is using at the time (given that 32 bit Excel is limited in how much memory it can access, regardless of available RAM)?

Upvote 0
I used larger files containing similar functions to re-test. Unfortunately, for this file, I am not allowed to look at it. So, I am not able to watch the memory process - its why i wanted to know if there is a list somewhere that says what items can cause this. I won't be surprised if someone added borders to every single cell (used or unused) within this workbook - (Don't ask! : ))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back