Error using ctrl+H to modify link

telesien

I have a file that I need to update monthly that is linked to another file. In order to update it, I need to link it to another file. A while ago I wrote simple macro to change part of the path (for example from xxx_5_2018 to xxx_6_2018). It worked fine, but suddenly stopped working.

I tried working around it by using ctrl+H to manually change the link, but I got the dreaded "we found a problem with one or more formula references in this worksheet" error message. There are no charts in the file and I only select cells with data to begin with. Any idea what it might be causing this error? Using "edit links" command creates the same result...

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
OK, now I know it is because the sheet name in the file is also changing (file _05_2018 has sheet name 05.2018 and file _06_2018 has sheet name 06.2018).
Changing the sheet name would create possible complications for other co-workers, but I am sure that in the past squeezing two replace commands into one macro worked and the path was properly updated without any error message

Is there perhaps something I need to switch on/off?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back