How to display a greater than or equal to sign ≥ in the text of an inputbox using VBA in Excel

Huhenyo

Board Regular
I've looked around quite a bit and I can't seem to find any way to display a ≥ sign in the text (prompt) of an inputbox. ChrW(&H2265) doesn't work. It just gives me an = sign and the ansi/ascii character set doesn't include a ≥ sign so I can't just use chr() to get one either. I really would prefer to avoid using >= as it is quite tacky.

Does anyone have a thought on how I might get a ≥ into the text (prompt) of an inputbox?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Thank you, footoo. However, this is for a msgbox and not an inputbox. Could you please help me with how I would write the declaration statement for in Inputbox?

Upvote 0
I think I may have found a different way of doing this. It appears that Application.Inputbox() will actually recognize the Unicode characters unlike the standard Inputbox. However, now I'm getting a type mismatch error, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure that one out. I think it must have to do with the "type" parameter of the Inputbox method. Thank you!

Upvote 0
So, it appears that the Application.Inputbox() method limits the prompt to 255 characters. What a drag!!!! The regular input box allows much more than this. I can't figure out why a newer method that recognizes Unicode would limit the prompt of all things to only 255 characters. I was hoping to avoid having to use userforms, but alas I may have to do that unless anyone out there knows a workaround to get the Inputbox method to allow for a longer prompt. Anyone?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back