Thread: How to display a greater than or equal to sign ≥ in the text of an inputbox using VBA in Excel
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to display a greater than or equal to sign ≥ in the text of an inputbox using VBA in Excel

I've looked around quite a bit and I can't seem to find any way to display a ≥ sign in the text (prompt) of an inputbox. ChrW(&H2265) doesn't work. It just gives me an = sign and the ansi/ascii character set doesn't include a ≥ sign so I can't just use chr() to get one either. I really would prefer to avoid using >= as it is quite tacky.

Does anyone have a thought on how I might get a ≥ into the text (prompt) of an inputbox?

Thank you!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to display a greater than or equal to sign ≥ in the text of an inputbox using VBA in Excel

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to display a greater than or equal to sign ≥ in the text of an inputbox using VBA in Excel

Thank you, footoo. However, this is for a msgbox and not an inputbox. Could you please help me with how I would write the declaration statement for in Inputbox?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may have found a different way of doing this. It appears that Application.Inputbox() will actually recognize the Unicode characters unlike the standard Inputbox. However, now I'm getting a type mismatch error, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure that one out. I think it must have to do with the "type" parameter of the Inputbox method. Thank you!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, it appears that the Application.Inputbox() method limits the prompt to 255 characters. What a drag!!!! The regular input box allows much more than this. I can't figure out why a newer method that recognizes Unicode would limit the prompt of all things to only 255 characters. I was hoping to avoid having to use userforms, but alas I may have to do that unless anyone out there knows a workaround to get the Inputbox method to allow for a longer prompt. Anyone?

Some videos you may like

User Tag List