Automatically Generating a List From One Workbook to Another

JustAGuy5

s!AqXcHb6--d93sqdRxklXFIkuBXWscg
Hi Folks,

I apologize in advance for likely not using the proper language as I am far from an Excel pro! Here's what I'm trying to do:

One workbook will have a list of data which essentially contains our entire residential area with about 8 different spreadsheets within the workbook titled Vacancy Report (VR). One person will be maintaining that report by making changes to the appropriate rows (one row = room info described across several columns within that row). What I would like is to have another workbook keep track of the changes within a single spreadsheet. Ideally, whenever a date is entered under the Room Change column in workbook VR, it will automatically populate the information from that single row in the workbook titled Combo Change Database (CCD) simply by adding a new row at the bottom of the list, in chronological order of when it was changed. Is something like that possible? Is that too complicated? I'm including a link to an image of what I want to do. For some reason, I can't get the image to insert into this post. If whatever I said is not clear, please do not hesitate to ask for more info! Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqXcHb6--d93sqdRxklXFIkuBXWscg

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Here is an image of what I'm trying to do. In short, whenever a date is listed under the "Room Change" column in any of the sheets within the Vacancy Report workbook, it will automatically populate a single chronological list within the Combo Change Database workbook.
Combo%20Change%20Process.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back