Open Recent File no longer available in quick access for 2016?

Chialiwa

We just upgraded to Excel 2016 - I cannot find the "open recent file" icon for my quick access toolbar. Is it no longer available in Excel 2016??

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
We just upgraded to Excel 2016 - I cannot find the "open recent file" icon for my quick access toolbar. Is it no longer available in Excel 2016??

Clicking the File button should display a list of your recently-opened files.

Upvote 0
Yes, it does, but I’m specifically asking about having it on the QAT. I’m curious if there is a macro to add it to the QAT.

I have the Open Recent on my 2016 install. I tired to customize another users but could not find Open Recent. So, I exported my QAT Customizations. I used notepad to edited my Excel Customizations.exportedUI and found this string. "<mso:control idQ="mso:FileOpenRecentFile" visible="true" insertBeforeQ="mso:FileSave"/>" On the other machine, I exported their customizations. I used notepad to edited their customizations and added the string from above before "<mso:control idQ="mso:FileSave". Save the file and close. I imported the QAT Customizations. I overwrote the current customizations and clicked OK to Close the QAT box. Now the Open Recent is in the QAT. Hope this can help someone else.

Upvote 0
I have the Open Recent on my 2016 install. I tired to customize another users but could not find Open Recent. So, I exported my QAT Customizations. I used notepad to edited my Excel Customizations.exportedUI and found this string. "<mso:control idq="mso:FileOpenRecentFile" visible="true" insertbeforeq="mso:FileSave">" On the other machine, I exported their customizations. I used notepad to edited their customizations and added the string from above before "<mso:control idq="mso:FileSave" .="" save="" the="" file="" and="" close.="" i="" imported="" qat="" customizations.="" overwrote="" current="" customizations="" clicked="" ok="" to="" close="" box.="" now="" open="" recent="" is="" in="" qat.="" hope="" this="" can="" help="" someone="" else.[="" quote]

This worked for me, thanks for sharing!

</mso:control></mso:control>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back