Trouble creating pivot table

quick_question

I currently have a workbook that I've built utilizing macros and pivot tables to analyze a variety of data.

I'm trying to create a pivot table which would be tied to an external data source (another excel workbook). the problem is that when I have both workbooks open and try to select the columns of data, the pivot table prompt window doesn't allow me to select "ok" to create the pivot table. If I use the "choose external data source" to tie the two workbooks...I'm able to go through to find the desired workbook, and select the correct tab, but when I select "ok" to create the pivot table....the window closes and no pivot table is created.

If I open a different/new workbook, I'm able to create a pivot table by tying it to the external data source/workbook that I want.

This is not the only pivot table that would tie to an external source within this reporting workbook.

I cannot find any information online or in any forums about this problem.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Can you create a new pivot table using dummy data within the current workbook, then "change data source" for the pivot table to the other workbook? Or do you get the same problem?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back