Referencing variable worksheet names contained in list on separate worksheet

Viper147

Hi guys,

I have been struggling for the past few days with the following and need some help please. I have a list of worksheet names (24 in total) on a main worksheet that I need to refer to in my macro. This list is variable based on selections made via ActiveX tickboxes that the user uses to choose the sheets that he wants to copy information to. However for some reason I cannot get the reference to the worksheet name/s to work. I keep on getting the "Subscript out of range" error on the line "Set MySheet = MyBook
.Worksheets("Sheet7")
The external workbook opens up fine with no problems but then the macro stops on the line of code above. I initially tried to refer to the worksheet name which is reflected in a cell on the main worksheet where the macro is run from, and later to the worksheet number as is currently in the code but still no luck.
Thanks for the brilliant help as always. :)
Code:
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Sub Import()[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Dim a As Integer[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Dim DebtorsAge As Workbook[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Dim DebtorsPayments As Workbook[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Dim MySheet As Worksheet[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Dim msg As String[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]a = 3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Set MyBook = ActiveWorkbook[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]If Range("FalseCheck") = 24 Then MsgBox("There are no boxes ticked. Please check and try again."): Exit Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Do Until MyBook.Sheets("Data").Range("O"& a) = ""[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    IfMyBook.Sheets("Data").Range("O" & a) = True Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        Set DebtorsAge= Workbooks.Open(FileName:=MyBook.Sheets("Data").Range("P"& a).Value)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        Set MySheet =MyBook.Worksheets("Sheet7")[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]       Application.DisplayAlerts = False[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]       DebtorsAge.Sheets(MyBook.Sheets("Data").Range("R"& a).Value).Range("A:P").Copy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        MySheet.Range("A1").PasteSpecialxlPasteValues[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]       DebtorsAge.Close False[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    End If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    IfMyBook.Sheets("Data").Range("O" & a) = True Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        SetDebtorsPayments =Workbooks.Open(FileName:=MyBook.Sheets("Data").Range("Q"& a).Value)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]       Application.DisplayAlerts = False[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]       DebtorsPayments.Sheets(MyBook.Sheets("Data").Range("S"& a).Value).Range("A:AE").Copy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]       MySheet.Range("S1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]       DebtorsPayments.Close False[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    End If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]a = a + 1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Loop[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]If Len(msg) <> 0 Then MsgBox "The following fileswere not found in the folder:" & msg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]End Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back