Using VBA to move active cell down one row for *filtered* rows...

billbane

Using a VBA script in Excel, does anyone know how to move the active cell down one row when using filtered data? In other words, I'd like to move the active cell down to the next *visible* row. Many thanks. --bill

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Show us your Vba script. And tell us why you want to select one visible row down.

Maybe explain in detail what your wanting to do.

Upvote 0
Hi g'day, manythanks for replying.

I have a database in Excel, I am keeping track of names, phone numbers, mostrecent date of telephone contact, and number of times a name (person) is contacted.

I have a very basic macro that I run after I telephone someone on my contactlist. The macro updates the date of the call and increases by"1" the call count to that person. Here's the script for themacro:<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
Sub updateit()<o:p></o:p>

Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "G") = Format(Now(), "M/D/YYYY") ‘Column G is the “Last Call Date” column
Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "H").Value = Cells(ActiveCell.Row,"H").Value + 1 ‘Column His the “Call Count” column<o:p></o:p>

End Sub<o:p></o:p>

What I’d liketo do is add on to the macro to do the following:<o:p></o:p>
1) Movedown to the next *visible*row. Itneeds to be a row that is not hidden via a data filter. I am filtering the data and only want to calla certain sub-set of phone numbers.<o:p></o:p>
2) Whenit hits the next visible row down, I want to be able to tell Excel, “Right-clickmy mouse to bring up the menu, click on the “Additional Cell Options” option,then (since the active cell is formatted as a phone number) “Call” the numberthat pops up there.<o:p></o:p>
3) Thecolumn that the active cell is in is column E, the “Phone Number” column.<o:p></o:p>
Thank you very much for any help!! --Bill<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0
You said:
“Call” the numberthat pops up there.<o:p style="margin-bottom: 16px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px;"></o:p>

I do not know how to get Excel to make a phone call for you.
This is beyond my knowledgebase.
I will continue to monitor this thread to see what I can learn.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back