Retrieve date range from Pivot Timeline

MisterProzilla

Hi there,

I'm working on my very first pivot table :) I'm not sure this is possible but it seems like it should be:
My pivot table counts the number of hours taken for different types of special leave (column), by all the staff members/teams (rows/slicer) in our organization. An instance of special leave is entered into a table as a row on another sheet with all pertinent info (date of leave, staff name/ID, team etc), and this pivot table extrapolates from that. I've added a timeline to filter the pivot table to a certain date range.

Previously, I've used line graphs to visualize the amount of leave taken by each team, for each week, in a given year. The start date is entered into an editable cell, then the graph's source table uses that date to define a year's worth of week commencing dates, and to then count up all leave with start dates falling within each each week.

I'd like to still show such a weekly line graph, but can't figure out how to create one directly from the pivot table, so I'm trying to just use the timeline to control my existing line graph. All I need is a start date - I assume the timeline must have a 'start of date range' property that it uses to filter results, so for example if I select Aug '17 to July '18 it must be looking for any dates in between 01/08/17 and 31/07/18. Is there any way to reference this date range in a formula , or even in VBA?

I hope I've explained that properly :) Thanks for looking

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back