Joeclupis

Board Regular
Hello all,

I have posted here before and you all have been really great in helping me out. I have a spreadsheet dashboard that I am trying to tweak. in one of the cells I have the following formula:
=AVERAGEIFS('DAILY VALUES'!I2:I5200,'DAILY VALUES'!A2:A5200,">="&MAX(IF('DAILY VALUES'!G2:G5200<>"",'DAILY VALUES'!A2:A5200)),'DAILY VALUES'!A2:A5200,"<="&TODAY())

Where A is the date column, I is a sales volume and G is a purchase column. What I would like to tweak is the number of days that we are using to get the average. I would like it to be the last 365 days, not the entire data set (over 8 years). I would also like to know if it is possible to change the 5200 number to an indeterminate number that would reflect the current date. I am afraid that someone who takes over for me would not know to change that number to a larger number in the future.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
This will take you back 365 days (12 months)
EDATE(TODAY(),-12)

So your formula would be something like...
=AVERAGEIFS('DAILY VALUES'!I2:I5200,'DAILY VALUES'!A2:A5200,">="&MAX(IF('DAILY VALUES'!G2:G5200<>"",'DAILY VALUES'!A2:A5200)),'DAILY VALUES'!A2:A5200,">="&EDATE(TODAY(),-12))

you could increase the 5200 right now if you wanted to, to say, 10 000

Upvote 0
Thank you, just what we needed. This gives us a more accurate reading on what was sold in the last year. Am I correct in saying that the "5200 vs 10000" is just where fhe function should look for the information, and has no actual bearing on the average?

Joe

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back