Help with this excel problem

ronramos

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been given this exercise to complete and the instructions seem very vague so not sure how to solve the issue they are asking. Also the way they are doing some of the calculations are straightforward but really weird and do not make sense to me. Looking at the sheet for a couple of minutes you will quickly see what I am talking about. This one makes sense but some of the others do not. For example in the Expenses sheet, Percent Available column is calculated by doing Available Budget / Budget*100. They are also hard coded.. yea I know right.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the instructions with the workbook:

In June of 2017 Public Utilities brought forward several changes that positively affect the future of Public Utilities. While one change brings savings, it will be several years until the full savings are felt. In the meantime, other changes immediately affect our revenues.
We were just informed this morning that a major water distribution main has been compromised and needs immediate replacement. The estimate replacement cost is $15 million and it is critical that the construction is complete in the next two years.
With the attached revenues and expenses, and our 5-year CIP, what is the recommended plan of action? Please provide a memo outlining your recommendations and financial charts and graphs.

Since we cannot attach docs here, this is the link to the gmail shareable excel doc, which you can paste into a normal excel workbook to use the full functionality of excel.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dZLd4c0ADf47yXIbgPkVQvfUJyU92DD-ojRo4PSmNrA/edit?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back