Moving row based on value

rubinda

I am using the code below. When I activate the macro, the appropriate row disappears, but it is not pasted anywhere.

Code:
Sub EdgewoodOpen()
    Dim xRg As Range
    Dim xCell As Range
    Dim I As Long
    Dim J As Long
    Dim K As Long
    I = Worksheets("Edgewood-Open").UsedRange.Rows.Count
    J = Worksheets("Edgewood-Closed").UsedRange.Rows.Count
    If J = 1 Then
       If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Worksheets("Edgewood-Closed").UsedRange) = 0 Then J = 0
    End If
    Set xRg = Worksheets("Edgewood-Open").Range("E1:E" & I)
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    For K = 1 To xRg.Count
        If CStr(xRg(K).Value) = "Complete" Then
            xRg(K).EntireRow.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Edgewood-Closed").Range("A" & J + 1)
            xRg(K).EntireRow.Delete
                K = K - 1
            End If
            J = J + 1
        End If
    Next
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I started a brand new workbook from scratch and now it works. Thanks for the help. Now I need to insert the following pop-up message for the following: If the cell in column E is "Complete" but the cell to the right does not have a date, I'd like to message to read, "You have a completed item with no completion date". Also, is it possible to not let the macro complete if there is an error?

Upvote 0
Try:
Code:
Sub CopyRows()
    Dim LastRow As Long, rng As Range
    LastRow = Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    Sheets("Edgewood-Open").Range("E1:E" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Complete"
    For Each rng In Sheets("Edgewood-Open").Range("E2:E" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
        If rng.Offset(0, 1) = "" Then
            MsgBox ("You have a completed an item with no completion date.") & Chr(10) & "Please enter a date in cell " & rng.Offset(1, 0).Address(0, 0)
            rng.Offset(1, 0).Select
            If Sheets("Edgewood-Open").AutoFilterMode = True Then Sheets("Edgewood-Open").AutoFilterMode = False
            Exit Sub
        End If
    Next rng
    Sheets("Edgewood-Open").Range("E2:E" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Edgewood-Closed").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    Sheets("Edgewood-Open").Range("E2:E" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
    If Sheets("Edgewood-Open").AutoFilterMode = True Then Sheets("Edgewood-Open").AutoFilterMode = False
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is my full code now, I think I am doing something wrong...

Code:
Sub Edgewood()
    Dim xRg As Range
    Dim xCell As Range
    Dim I As Long
    Dim J As Long
    Dim K As Long
    I = Worksheets("Edgewood").UsedRange.Rows.Count
    J = Worksheets("Edgewood-Closed").UsedRange.Rows.Count
    If J = 1 Then
       If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Worksheets("Edgewood-Closed").UsedRange) = 0 Then J = 0
    End If
    Set xRg = Worksheets("Edgewood").Range("E1:E" & I)
    On Error Resume Next
    For K = 1 To xRg.Count
            xRg(K).EntireRow.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Edgewood-Closed").Range("A" & J + 1)
            xRg(K).EntireRow.Delete
                K = K - 1
            End If
            J = J + 1
        End If
    Next

ActiveWorkbook.Save

'Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    'Dim LastRow As Long, rng As Range
    'LastRow = Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    'Sheets("Edgewood").Range("E1:E" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Complete"
    'For Each rng In Sheets("Edgewood").Range("E2:E" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
        'If rng.Offset(0, 1) = "" Then
            'MsgBox ("You have a completed an item with no completion date.") & Chr(10) & "Please enter a date in cell " & rng.Offset(1, 0).Address(0, 0)
            'rng.Offset(1, 0).Select
            'If Sheets("Edgewood").AutoFilterMode = True Then Sheets("Edgewood").AutoFilterMode = False
            'Application.ScreenUpdating = True
            'Exit Sub
        'End If
    'Next rng
    'Sheets("Edgewood").Range("E1:E" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Edgewood-Closed").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    'Sheets("Edgewood").Range("E1:E" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
    'If Sheets("Edgewood").AutoFilterMode = True Then Sheets("Edgewood").AutoFilterMode = False
    'Application.ScreenUpdating = True

'ActiveWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Is the macro I suggested not working for you? If not, please describe in detail how it's not working.

Upvote 0
It is always easier to help and test possible solutions if we could work with your actual file. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
Sorry, mis-posted. Still waiting for your file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back