Inserting a row into multiple tables based on a "master spreadsheet"

Danq87

Hi All

I apologise if this has already been covered elsewhere, I've been having a scour and been unable to find anything that fits my problem so hoping one of you amazing excel wizards can help...

I have a Workbook with multiple sheets, each has a table containing the same items. They all reference back through various lookups toa master spreadsheet which is all working fine. They also have to reference each other and the easiest way to do that is for them all to have the same items in, for various reasons. I'm trying to find a way that I can insert a row into the master spreadsheet and for that propagate through the rest of the workbook adding the inserted row into the same place in all the tables. This doesn't necessarily need to happen automatically, it could be via an "update" macro for example.

To give a rough example of what I am working with (table names, sheet names, and items within tables changed to be more relatable):

Let's say I have 11 sheets, a master and then shop 1 thru shop 10.
Each sheet has a range formatted as a table, each table is named "tbl_master", "tbl_shop1" etc etc
The items in each of the tables are all the same and in the same order like below.
All tables start in the same place, e.g. A6

CodeDescriptionQty InQty Out
FAApple100
FOOrange55
FBBanana112
FGGrapes61
VCCarrot100
VPPotato10010
VLLettuce151
VTTomato305
VOOnion1212

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want to then add in a row on tbl_master below FA (Apple) and populate the first 2 common columns with FP (Pear) and for tbl_shop1 thru tbl_shop10 to also receive the update with no data added to columns C (Qty In) and D (Qty out). Ideally these columns would behave like tables usually do and assume the formulae from the rest of the column.

If there is anything I have failed to explain correctly then I can answer any questions to help me get to a solution for this.

Many thanks in advance for all of your help.

Dan

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back