Conditional Formatting - applied to field blanked out

mariasrg

Hi

I have a simple range A1 to AF13 with conditional formatting to highlight specific text in the range - have about 25 rules all to fill cell with a colour for specific text. Have a worksheet for each month in the workbook. Each month I copy the worksheet and rename to the month - all been fine until June - some of the rules now have not range in the applies to field. Went to manage rules and clicked on the edit - reselected range and applied and ok. Went back in a blank again? Any help appreciated

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Welcome to the forum. :)

Are the rules actually not working? The CF dialog I find to be quite flaky in terms of displaying ranges - it quite often shows up as blank when the range is actually there and working properly. This is particularly true when you have a lot of CF rules.

Upvote 0
Hi Rory - thank you - the rules where the applied to fields are blank are not working. If I select manage rules and then click the range is there - click apply and ok - check again and blank.

Upvote 0
It may be that the workbook has become corrupt, but first off I would try deleting all the conditional formatting rules and reapplying them. Although 25 rules with different colours sounds like a nightmare to me. ;)

Upvote 0
Thank you - will do - Not sure if there is any other way to highlight other than conditional formatting!

Upvote 0
You could use code, but it was the idea of 25 different colours that worried me!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back