lwarren30

Good afternoon,

This is my first time posting a question on this thread but have seen many How To for my Excel projects. I've been using Excel for over 10+ years and VBA about 3 so it's not too often I come across something I cant figure out.

I am trying to insert a variable formula nested within a Do Until Loop. The only variable is LineNumber to move down within a column. I have debugged all the syntax errors but now have a new error: "Run-Time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error".

Per the Internet (haha), this error means a variable is not defined yet all are and have values.

Code:
Dim LineCount As Integer
Dim LineNumber As Integer

LineNumber = 9

'Due Date & Reccurring & Amount Columns
LineCount = Sheet7.Application.CountA(Range("A9:A500")) - 1 + 8

Do Until LineNumber = LineCount + 1

Cells(LineNumber, 10).Formula = _
    "=IF(G" & LineNumber & "="""","""",IF(G" & LineNumber & "=""""Monthly"""",F" & LineNumber & "/12,IF(G" _
    & LineNumber & "=""""Deadline"",IF(I" & LineNumber & "="","",F" & LineNumber & "/(MONTH(I" & LineNumber & ")-MONTH(H" _
    & LineNumber & ")+1)),F" & LineNumber & ")))"
    '=IF(G9="","",IF(G9="Monthly",F9/12,IF(G9="Deadline",IF(I9="","",F9/(MONTH(I9)-MONTH(H9)+1)),F9)))

LineNumber = LineNumber + 1

Loop

The original (functional) formula is below the vba insert code for reference. Please let me know if you have a solution or questions.

Thank you,

Larry

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Re: AutoFill within a Userform VBA

What is findcode?

Upvote 0

It's a lookup function for a value to add information to that respective row. Here's the rest of the code. Everything else works.

Code:
'Newely added account code
'Looks for GL code above new line
Set AddedAcct = Sheet1.Range(Cells(lst_GL_AR_RowSelection.ListIndex + 6, 7), Cells(lst_GL_AR_RowSelection.ListIndex + 6, 7))

'Income
    Sheet3.Select

'Skips sheets that dont have the code
        On Error Resume Next

'Finds newely added row in other sheet
        Set FindCode = ActiveSheet.Range("A:A").Find(what:=AddedAcct, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)

'Insert rows
        ActiveSheet.Rows(FindCode.Row & ":" & FindCode.Row).Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove

'Insert formula for GL code and name
        ActiveSheet.Select
        FindCode.Offset(-1, 0) = "=General_Ledger!G" & lst_GL_AR_RowSelection.ListIndex + 5
        FindCode.Offset(-1, 3) = "=General_Ledger!R" & lst_GL_AR_RowSelection.ListIndex + 5

'Turns on errors
        On Error GoTo 0

'****** Unable to use the autofil function*******
        'Insert formula for month
        Cells(Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 8), Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 26)).Select
        Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range(Cells(FindCode.Row - 1, 8), Cells(FindCode.Row, 26))

Upvote 0

If you remove this line
Code:
 On Error Resume Next
what happens?

Upvote 0

It makes no difference. The code is running throw multiple sheets and if it doesn't find the code the On Error skips the error message and goes to the next sheet. I'm trying all three suggestions with no luck:

Code:
        'Experiment 1
        Cells(Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 8), Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 26)).Select
        Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range(Cells(FindCode.Row - 1, 8), Cells(FindCode.Row, 26))

'Experiment 2
        With Sheet3
            .Cells(.Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 8), .Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 26)).AutoFill Destination:=.Range(.Cells(FindCode.Row - 1, 8), .Cells(FindCode.Row, 26))
        End With

'Experiment 3
        Sheet3.Cells(Sheet3.Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 8), Sheet3.Cells(FindCode.Row - 2, 26)).AutoFill Destination:=Sheet3.Range(Sheet3.Cells(FindCode.Row - 1, 8),                      Sheet3.Cells(FindCode.Row, 26))

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Add this msgbox as show
Code:
Set findcode = ActiveSheet.Range("A:A").Find(what:=AddedAcct, lookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
MsgBox findcode.Address(False, False) & vbLf & findcode.Parent.name & vbLf & findcode.Parent.CodeName
'Insert rows
ActiveSheet.Rows(findcode.Row & ":" & findcode.Row).Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
What does the message box say?

Upvote 0

Try
Code:
With Sheet3
    .range(.Cells(findcode.Row - 2, 8), .Cells(findcode.Row - 2, 26)).AutoFill .Range(.Cells(findcode.Row - 2, 8), .Cells(findcode.Row, 26))
End With

Upvote 0

That worked!!! Can you explain what you did? How did that msgbox help you?

Upvote 0

The message box just confirmed that the findcode range was ok & was on the correct sheet.
If the range had been A2, rather than A13 then you would not have been able to go up 2rows.

When using Autofill the destination must include the range you are filling from.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back