Add Pivot Table Column that Calculates Blank Cell Values

Kenichi

I'm having trouble adding a column to my pivot table that indicates what % of sub-items are not blank. For example:

sample2.jpg

I would like to get the value in D2 (10%). It's calculated by taking 1-90% (C3). This value indicates that "Sample Item" sold with another item 10% of the time.

Data explanation: 6% of customers that bought Sample Item also purchased Item A, and 4% of customers that purchased Sample Item purchased Item B. 90% of Sample Item sales sold without any other products, so I'm interested in noting that Sample Item had a 10% attachment rate with other products.

The main issue I'm running into is that my data in the Pivot Table is grouped, and needs to stay that way, so using a formula like GETPIVOTDATA doesn't work because it relies on the data being ungrouped.

Is there a way that I can add this % attachment column to my pivot table and have it calculate the % attachment for the parent items, ignoring all of the sub-items?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
The blank values were part of a vlookup formula on the data source that returned "" if there was no match. I was able to get the blanks to disappear by copy/pasting as values and then manually hitting delete for all the blank cells. Not sure if there is a more automated way to remove the blanks from the pivot table, but that solution is working OK for me and I'm able to calculate the % attach now.

Upvote 0
You can change the formula to return "no match" for filtering or an error like 1/0 that F5(Goto)-Special can highlight and delete.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back