Needed help on Excel formulae

excelformulae

Hi sir/Madam,

I am really struggling to compare and display the values in excel.

My requirement: I have excel sheet with two tabs. First tab has two columns A and B. A is having values of incident id and B is having corresponding dates. In same way Second tab also has two columns A and B . A is having values of incident id and B is having corresponding dates. Some values of column A of first tab has matches in second tab column A. So I want to display those matched values of Column A of first and second tabs and their (column A's) corresponding values from column B of both tabs in separate tab in the format as below table. I have highlighted I have attached excel spreadsheet. I am really in need of this. It would be appreciated if someone help me on this. Thanks in advance

Expected sample result:-
Display values common in Column A of First and second tabs (Highlighted in yellow)
Display the column A’s corresponding value in column B of First tab (Highlighted in yellow)
Display the column A’s corresponding value in column B of Second tab (Highlighted in yellow)
INC000018208304

4/30/2018 16:30

5/1/18 2:00

INC000018208291

4/30/2018 16:24

5/1/18 1:54

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hi Aladin,

The expected output that I have shared is for you to understand how the output will appear. So manually, I have updated 19 rows in expected out put. To update remaining rows manually, it would take lot of time for me, becoz it is manual work. Please let me know if you really want all the common items to be updated in expected output?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi Aladin,

The expected output that I have shared is for you to understand how the output will appear. So manually, I have updated 19 rows in expected out put. To update remaining rows manually, it would take lot of time for me, becoz it is manual work. Please let me know if you really want all the common items to be updated in expected output?

No.

In A2 of Sheet3 control+shift+enter, nor just enter, and copy down:

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$295,SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$295,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$172,0)),ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$295)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$1)+1),ROWS($A$2:A2))),"")

In B2 of Sheet3 just enter and copy down:

IF($B2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,0))

In C2 of Sheet3 just enter and copy down:

=IF($B2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,0))

Upvote 0
No.

In A2 of Sheet3 control+shift+enter, nor just enter, and copy down:

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$295,SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$295,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$172,0)),ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$295)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$1)+1),ROWS($A$2:A2))),"")

In B2 of Sheet3 just enter and copy down:

IF($B2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,0))

In C2 of Sheet3 just enter and copy down:

=IF($B2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,0))

The above formula is not working for me. I am inserting an image of excel screenshot.

Upvote 0
The above formula is not working for me. I am inserting an image of excel screenshot.

Just "not working for me" is not informative. And I'm s
orry, I don't want any image which is not readable into Excel.

By the way, control+shift+enter means: Press down the control and the shift keys at the same time while you hit the enter key. When done successfully, Excel itself puts a pair of { and } around the formula in recognition.

Still in doubt, create small input samples (not more than 10 records) and the output which must obtain from those input samples.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back