Workaround for duplicating same objects in different groups?

noname91

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings,

I'm currently in the process of finalizing the approach to a dashboard I'm constructing in Excel. I've run into an issue however. I'm trying to have a set of object groups which include a number of header objects. The problem I'm facing is I can't find a way to streamline the grouping of objects that serve the same function, but which I am forced to duplicated as Excel does not allow grouped objects to be shared between different groups. My setup is as follows:

Code:
Section 1;
    . Sub-Section A;
        . Shape 1
        . Shape 2
    . Sub-Section B;
        . Shape 3
        . Shape 4
Section 2;
    . Sub-Section A;
        . Shape 5
        . Shape 6
    . Sub-Section B;
        . Shape 7
        . Shape 8
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_code -->The issue is that the headers are intended to be the same for the sub-sections. However, right now, I have to make duplicate headers for each section and sub-section in order to correctly hide and show them even though they're the same header! I'm wondering if there is some feature in Excel 2016 that allows cross-grouping. I've tried looking on the web but haven't really come across any such feature.

I have attached a simplified version of the document with the issue: http://file-upload.com/d/DSBI

Explanation below:

Before sheet: The header (non-interactive) is not duplicated and therefore does not appear when the button for showing Group B info is clicked. (problem)
After sheet: The header (non-interactive) is duplicated and therefore appears when the button for showing Group B info is clicked. (intended result, but with duplication involved)

I'd really just like to clarify if there is no option but to create massive groups for each section which must contain their own version of the header even though said header is identical for each section.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back