Urgent - Help with converting formula to value in a column depending on TODAY() date

Lulars

Hi
I have a spreadsheet with columns for every day of the month, in which the formula refers to data in a single column that can change throughout the month. However, I do not want the day's column data to change if the reference column data changes after that day. The reference column could in theory change every day. I have created a macro, assigned to a button called "freeze", to convert formulae results in a column to a value - so far, so simple. However, I want the macro to choose the column to convert dependent on the current date (using the TODAY() in a given cell). This is where I come a cropper as I cannot do VBA programming and would appreciate any help that you can give me. Whilst I would assume that there is a LOOKUP involved, I don't know how to proceed. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back