CTRL SHIFT ENTER Stopped working - Instead of Array It Opens Up Document Folder

DR RENO

Board Regular
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1h5kie2ygi79xy/N Plain Disappearance_7JUL18.xlsx?dl=0I've copied worksheet array formulas to new sheet and pasted formulas. Modified arrays on worksheet fine with no problems. Replicated that process to 3rd worksheet. First half of worksheet allowed me to modify with no problem. Then when I went to section that had new worksheet to link, ctrl shift enter no longer created array. Instead it would open up document window. The worksheet I'm adding is in the spreadsheet.

Please see sample file Soybeans worksheet cell I3 - the new sheet to link is S IMP_EXP to replace W IMP_EXP and Soybeans to replace Wheat. J3 also gives same problem when attempting to modify array

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Hi,

[FONT=&quot]Maybe because the workbook/worksheet where you put the formula in does not exist ....? [/FONT]

Upvote 0
[…]
Please see sample file Soybeans worksheet cell I3 - the new sheet to link is S IMP_EXP to replace W IMP_EXP and Soybeans to replace Wheat. J3 also gives same problem when attempting to modify array

Substituted the sheet name S IMP_EXP. This action simply succeeds over here and the following results appear...

DEC ON FARM STOCKSMAR OFF FARM STOCKS

<tbody>
</tbody>

which look the same as the results before the substitution.

Upvote 0
@Aladin Akyurek

Thank you for taking a look, but the formula also needs substitution of Soybeans (the active sheet) for Wheat. The combination is not allowing ctrl shift enter to add array, but instead opening up document folder. I originally created Corn tab then performed subs to create wheat. Same process worked for Soybeans until I get to columns I and J

Upvote 0
I decided to make the subs incrementally. Somehow that allowed me to build out the array successfully. Not sure what caused issue, but working now. Thank you guys for your help

Upvote 0
@Aladin Akyurek

Thank you for taking a look, but the formula also needs substitution of Soybeans (the active sheet) for Wheat. The combination is not allowing ctrl shift enter to add array, but instead opening up document folder. I originally created Corn tab then performed subs to create wheat. Same process worked for Soybeans until I get to columns I and J

I did the substitution in the Soybeans sheet...

I decided to make the subs incrementally. Somehow that allowed me to build out the array successfully. Not sure what caused issue, but working now. Thank you guys for your help

Apparently sorted out. That's what counts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back