Can you put an IF AND and OR in one formula with vlookup?

AStereotypicalGamer

So currently I have multiple columns of functions in order to pull data over from another sheet. I am looking for a way to spin it a different way and also cut down on the # of columns i have in my current sheet.

Takes entry from Column A and finds it on VIP31 sheet. If the cooresponding value in Column H on the VIP31 sheet is Security it does the math if not returns FALSE.
Code:
=IF(VLOOKUP($A5:$A5,'VIP31'!$A:$H,8,FALSE)="Enterprise Networks",(($F5*(VLOOKUP($A5,'VIP31'!$A:$B,2,0)%)*1%)))

Takes entry from Column A and finds on the VIP31 sheet. If column E is Category D or Category E it does the math, otherwise returns False.
Code:
=IF(OR(VLOOKUP($A4:$A4,'VIP31'!$A:$E,5,FALSE)="Category D",VLOOKUP($A4:$A4,'VIP31'!$A:$E,5,FALSE)="Category E"),(($F4*(VLOOKUP($A4,'VIP31'!$A:$B,2,0)%)*1%)))

Is there a way to make one that will take the entry from Column A, vlook it up and see if Category D (Column E on "VIP31") AND if it is "Enterprise Networks" OR "Meraki" (Column H on "VIP31") Something like the below (i know its not right - otherwise i wouldn't be asking haha )
Code:
=IF(AND((VLOOKUP($A4:$A4,'VIP31'!$A:$E,5,FALSE)="Category  D")OR(VLOOKUP($A5:$A5,'VIP31'!$A:$H,8,FALSE)="Enterprise Networks",(VLOOKUP($A5:$A5,'VIP31'!$A:$H,8,FALSE)="Meraki",(($F4*(VLOOKUP($A4,'VIP31'!$A:$B,2,0)%)*1%)))

thanks,

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
You can only lookup ONE value, VLOOKUP(A4, not VLOOKUP(A4:A4...
Limiting your ranges will speed things up A1:E1000 not A:E

AND() and OR() list the conditions separarted by commas, e.g. OR(A1=1,A1=2,A1=3, etc...)

Try

=IF(AND(VLOOKUP(A4,'VIP31'!A1:E1000,5,FALSE)="Category D",OR(VLOOKUP(A4,'VIP31'!A1:H1000,8,FALSE)="Enterprise Networks",VLOOKUP(A4,'VIP31'!A1:H1000,8,FALSE)="Meraki")),F4*VLOOKUP(A4,'VIP31'!A1:B1000,2,0)%*1%)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I had A:E because the second sheet it looks at is ever changing based on the month and fluctuates between 15,000-25,000 rows.

Trying that seems to work once i changed the 1000s to 20000s to cover the row count. Awesome - thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back