Formula for range with negative numbers

Bmiha

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with creating the formula for the range of negative numbers. I have a column that contains thousands of negative numbers, in my case, from C2:C5000. I need to create a formula that will filter all the numbers when value is higher than -18. (meaning when numbers go to -17,-16, etc...).

I tried creating the conditional formatting rule with formula that determines which cells to filter out, when the value is higher than -18, and color them to blue, but I'm having an issue with creating the right formula to do so.

If you have an idea of how to do that, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Boris

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Highlight C2:C5000 and create a new conditional format based on the follow formula:

Code:
=C2>-18

WBD
Believe in conditional formatting it would need to be =if(c2>-18,True) (make sure c2 doesn't lock e.g.$c$2) then select format and format paint the range you want and apply filter on the colour you just choose, this should work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Believe in conditional formatting it would need to be =if(c2>-18,True)
No, the IF is not necessary.
Any time you have two sides (values) separated by a =,>, or < (or any combinations of those), it creates a boolean expression that will return TRUE if the statement is true and FALSE if it is not.
Try it in any cell and see for yourself!;)

Upvote 0
No, the IF is not necessary.
Any time you have two sides (values) separated by a =,>, or < (or any combinations of those), it creates a boolean expression that will return TRUE if the statement is true and FALSE if it is not.
Try it in any cell and see for yourself!;)

well i've been wasting my time typing out =if for ages :') atleast my methods works now I know how to simplify :) cheers

Upvote 0
well i've been wasting my time typing out =if for ages :') atleast my methods works now I know how to simplify :) cheers
That's us programmers! Always looking for an easier way to do things!
The less I have to type, the less the chance that I will make a typo! :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back