vlookup and hyperlink

Leyluna77

Hello,
I need some help as I never had any training on excel and I'm lost! I need to retrieve airwaybills with hyperlinks. To do so I have tried a =HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(F2,exacta!A:N,14,0)) however when I click on the link I get an error message (Cannot open the specified file). I've tried some stuff I found on forum (like creating a VBA (my first one by the way) to get the URL but it only worked the first time so I don't know why I wasn't able to make a secon miracle ;) . Anyway, the url displayed with a 'so the link wasn't working anymore.
So do you have any idea? Thanks a lot in advance

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
If the hyperlink is a link to another sheet in the same spreadsheet you need to preced it by "#" and have a cell referenced, like

=HYPERLINK("#"&VLOOKUP(F2,exacta!A:N,14,0)&"!A1")

Upvote 0
Thank you :). It didn't work so I tried to modify the formula =HYPERLINK(""&VLOOKUP(F2,exacta!A:N,14,0)) and I didn't have the error message anymore. However when I remove the formula with a copy paste value, the hyperlinks disappear. As I have more than 1000 lines i would like to avoid adding the hyperlinks one by one. Any idea?

Upvote 0
Are you trying to Hyperlink WITHIN the same file to a different sheet or something external ?
My solution was to a sheet within the same file as already stated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back