Excel automatically rounding to 6 decimal places

HoustonSpurs

Hi there, I am trying to us a SUMIFS to sum a range of numbers based upon a reference. The reference I am using has 12 decimal places (stored as text), i.e.:

When Excel uses the reference it seems to automatically round it up to 6 decimal places i.e.:

Now I have other references that are similar to the first reference and it's lumping it all together instead of using the reference as a finite number. So it's Summing these all together

As it's rounding each to:

Is there a way in the SUMIFS to get it to search for the finite 12 decimal point number?

I've tried to ROUND to 12 decimal places, that doesn't work. I've tried to convert it to a number but once again it rounds to 6 decimal points. I've tried, under Advanced Settings, to set the precision as displayed but that hasn't helped either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Hi HoustonSpurs,
Have you tried separating the two parts of the string, around the "." and then treating them separately as text. If the 2nd part (right of the ".") is more significant then maybe that is way to go!

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi HoustonSpurs,
Have you tried separating the two parts of the string, around the "." and then treating them separately as text. If the 2nd part (right of the ".") is more significant then maybe that is way to go!

Hope this helps.

Thanks Wassim, that might be a way forward, unfortunately not all the data is formatted in this method (i.e. the 12 decimal places) but I'll have a go at breaking it down and seeing if that works :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back