Want to chart all data as points for monday through sunday on chart. Excel sheet included.

rcmango

Hello,

I'm trying to make a chart using a pivot chart or scatter plot. I'm not sure why my chart is only plotting 5 days of the week and only using 5 values. My data is using 2 columns for data. Column B are the days of the week. I'm interested in plotting a dot for each time and day there is data for. So for example: Each time a car drives by I note the time I recorded it and the day of the week as well. So at 9:40am on a wednesday I recorded a car that drove by.

I want the chart to reflect a dot or bar for each time and day there is data for. (For reach time and day a car drove by.)
If the chart is showing correctly it would show the greatest times of day the traffic is the highest.

There will be duplicate days. So There may be several thursdays with 2:00pm data. I'd interested i duplicate data being reflected as well.
The problem is that the chart is showing all seven days but it's only plotting seven points of data, or bars.

I've attached a screen shot of what I'd like the Chart to eventually look like.

I don't care if this must be completely redesigned, no problem.

I had to upload the excel sheet so I put it here. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=45403968668442910427

Thank you.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back