Workday function

Snowy1

Hi

Have input the folloing conditioning format in cell B4 and have used the TODAY function.

=TODAY()-A4>30

What i want is exactly the same but to count working days.

I want cell B4 to go red 30 working days after the date input in A4.

Can anyone assist?

<colgroup><col width="64" span="10" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Welcome to the Board!

Maybe something like this?
Code:
=WORKDAY(A4,30)<=TODAY()

Upvote 0
I will give that a go when back in office.
After discussing with colleague I have another question.
We want b4 to go red after 30 days to highlight overdue but if a date is entered into b4 less than 30 days it doesn’t go red - is that possible ?

Upvote 0
We want b4 to go red after 30 days to highlight overdue but if a date is entered into b4 less than 30 days it doesnÂ’t go red - is that possible ?
Maybe something like:
Code:
=WORKDAY(A4,30)<=IF(B4>0,B4,TODAY())

Upvote 0
Hi I have given it a go but doesn't appear to work - is there a way of uploading an excel file as example?

Upvote 0
You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

If you cannot get that to work, please just describe a few actual examples (i.e. tell us a few values and what you expect to happen in each case).

Upvote 0
Many Thanks for your help - will have a go at explaining further:

A B
1 01/07/18 Need a formula here that the cell goes red 30 working days from the date entered in A1 if a date is not entered in B1. Also B1 Needs to remain red if date entered is > 30 working days from date in A1. If B1 date < 30 working days no fill .

As well as above it would be the ideal solution if B1 could also turn amber warning 25 working days from date in A1, then above <> 30 days still applies?

Thanks for your patience.

Upvote 0
sorry hasn't come out as i typed it. Will try again

Many Thanks for your help - will have a go at explaining further:

A
01/07/18

If we say above is A1, i then need a formula in B1 where the cell goes red 30 working days from the date entered in A1 if a date is not entered in B1.
Also B1 Needs to remain red if date entered is > 30 working days from date in A1. If B1 date < 30 working days no fill .

As well as above it would be the ideal solution if B1 could also turn amber warning 25 working days from date in A1, then above <> 30 days red or no fill still applies?

Thanks for your patience.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back