Return Multiple Values based upon Multiple Criteria

litlmike

I have a roster of students that tracks their Group assignment (A, or B), and if they are Absent (a "Y" in the absent column). I would like to return a list of all students in Group "B" that are also Absent".

I thought that the follown formula would work, but it does not. Thank you for your help.

Code:
=INDEX('[Roster Master.xlsx]PM'!$A$1:$N$28,SMALL(IF(('[Roster Master.xlsx]PM'!$J$1:$J$28="Y")&('[Roster Master.xlsx]PM'!$K$1:$K$28="B"),ROW('[Roster Master.xlsx]PM'!$K$1:$K$28)),ROW(1:1)),1)

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I would use a pivot table. assuming your data has a column structure similar to Student Name| Group Assignment| Absent, I would pivot the data, put student names in the rows group, add both Group and Absent to the filters section. Filter for just group B and Filter Absent for "Y"

Upvote 0
I would use a pivot table. assuming your data has a column structure similar to Student Name| Group Assignment| Absent, I would pivot the data, put student names in the rows group, add both Group and Absent to the filters section. Filter for just group B and Filter Absent for "Y"
The problem with this solution is that the output has to be in a specific format, and I don't think that Pivot Tables will do that. Is there no way to just modify my current formula?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back