Delete everything from excel sheet that's not containing a specific word

Dan198025

Hello Everyone

I have an excel worksheet where i want to delete everything except rows and columns that contain word "30 mins".
Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Can you tell us a bit more about what you have and what you are trying to achieve? For example ..
- Can the text "30 mins" be part of larger text in a cell (eg "I will be back in 30 mins or less") or will it be the only text in a cell?
- Can the text be in any column or row, or should we be only looking in certain columns/rows (eg columns B and G, from row 2 down)?
- Could we have a small set of dummy data and the expected results? My signature block below has a link with good methods for doing that.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Can you tell us a bit more about what you have and what you are trying to achieve? For example ..
- Can the text "30 mins" be part of larger text in a cell (eg "I will be back in 30 mins or less") or will it be the only text in a cell?
- Can the text be in any column or row, or should we be only looking in certain columns/rows (eg columns B and G, from row 2 down)?
- Could we have a small set of dummy data and the expected results? My signature block below has a link with good methods for doing that.

HI Peter
Yes it is a part of a larger text
Text could be in any column or Row

Thanks

Upvote 0
Just want to delete entire row if that row does not have word "30 mins". This could be part of bigger text and could be any where in the sheet.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry I could not Figure out how to attached a file.
You can't. If you followed the Look here link in my signature block as suggested, it tells you that but offers several alternative ways of posting sample data.

Just want to delete entire row if that row does not have word "30 mins".
Has your requirement changed? Originally it was rows and columns that did not contain that text:
I have an excel worksheet where i want to delete everything except rows and columns that contain word "30 mins".

Upvote 0
Sorry it got a be rows and columns. Thanks
If it is rows and columns, then I would like to see a small set of representative dummy sample data before and after the deletions so that I am sure I am not wasting my time heading in the wrong direction - which I could easily have been if I followed what you said in post 6. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back