Filter ALT D F F Screen Moves left

avi21nash

Is there any way that I apply filter on the excel and the screen does not move to the left.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Not that I'm aware of without resorting to VBA.

Upvote 0
If my focus is on the right side of a table when I filter--the focus jumps to the left side on filtering (alt+d+f+f).

If my focus is on the left side of a table when I filter--the focus jumps to the right side on filtering.

So a literal answer to your question would be: filter from the left side. Then you won't move to the left. (But you will move to the right.)

If the answer you really wanted was to: How do I filter without jumping anywhere in either direction? Filter and stay in the place where I am and mean to be? I have the same answer as above: can't, as far as I can find.

This is one of the things on my list of "stupid annoying bugs or stupidities that have wasted my time and patience daily for years or decades due to Microsoft's monoplist's disdain for customers and quality control". Others include inserting charts at the bottom of a data table when I select data with ctrl-down arrow. Or Find and Replace In Procedure invisibly changing to Find and Replace All in VBA now and then. Outlook's inability to search contact names in any simple and sensible way. Excel tables wrapping rows almost no matter what you do when pasting in Outlook. Excel windows jumping around or in front when closing other Excel windows. Selecting cells on the sheet when trying to edit a formula in a chart prompt when I'm clearly in a place to type, not select cells. I have dozen easily.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back