Creating new rows via a cross reference

DragonTamer

OK guys, be patient with me as I try my best to explain what I need in a way that doesn’t make me look like a raving lunatic. (I might be one, I just don’t want to look like one).

OK I am open to any solution that works in Excel or Access (including SQL statements) because I really don’t know the best way to accomplish this.

I have a spreadsheet that references 4 other sheets (let’s call it the Summary Sheet and the other four are Data Sheets). I have the Summary Sheet pulling over items from one of the data sheets and then cross referencing information from each of the Data Sheets (pretty straight forward right?). Here comes the problem, one of the sets of data (Let’s call it quantity discount) is a list of items that get a discount if the customer buys a certain quantity; so you might buy 10 for a 5% discount or 20 for a 10%. There is no limit to the number of discounts an individual product might get. I am not sure how to cross reference this in a way that creates a new line for the product if there are more than one quantity discount. So I would need it to resemble the following:
No discounts:
ProductA 1 $5.00 ea

One Discount:
ProductA 1 0% $5.00 ea
ProductA 10 5% $4.75 ea

Two Discounts:
ProductA 1 0% $5.00 ea
ProductA 10 5% $4.75 ea
ProductA 20 10% $4.50 ea

Etc.
Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this in either Excel or Access? I am drawing a blank, other than taking an action that I really don’t want to take and telling my boss that just maybe he shouldn’t have cheaped out on our ERP!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back