Making text UPPERCASE

azizrasul

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a .xlsx file which cannot be macro enabled due to security issues when the Excel file is emailed.

I have some cells which when if the user types in text in lowercase, I want it automatically to go to UPPERCASE. Is this possible?

@footoo I think problem is the end user, how do you prevent user changing font if spreadsheet is sent as .xlsx?

You could say the same thing about any/all cell formatting in any .xlsx file - or, in fact any .xlsm file.
What would you do? - Do all cell formatting by event procedures?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
@footoo I'm just answering the OP's question which was to force all text to be upper case without use of macro, in relation to their statement it's being sent to an external party.

Yes, I could say the same thing about any/all cell formatting in any .xlsx file, but the OP's initial question was not about formatting.

To save time investigating use of a capitals font, I merely suggested that this cannot be locked or at least not circumvented by an end user if within a standard .xlsx file, as the OP stated it needs to be.

You've yet to answer how do you prevent user changing font if spreadsheet is sent as .xlsx? Instead you proposed your own question:
What would you do? - Do all cell formatting by event procedures?

To answer your question, I would not do cell formatting by event procedures. I would look to engage with the end user to understand the complication and data input process and either apply a macro post entry to force upper case/formatting/anything else to standardise it or ensure the end user understands why it needs to be upper case and possibly say it will be sent back if not.

However, the OP didn't ask about formatting, so I'm not sure why you're asking this...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What was all that about?

The OP wants to have certain cells automatically in capitals without VBA.
My suggestion is to format the cells with a capitals font.

It would be the same if the requirement was, for example, to force text to be bold - I would suggest formatting the cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back