Solver Type Formula or Chicken Egg Query

daleholden

Board Regular
OK, guys, I have a headache trying to work this out and need some help.

I have a product that costs me £100 looking at the table to the right I want to make a profit that fits the table. But the profit is it to include eBay FVF & PayPal Fee. So we are looking at a Chicken & Egg scenario. I need a goal seeker kind of formula that can workout what to charge as an eBay Sale Price but that includes the Total Cost Price eBay FVF and PayPal Fee.
I am sure there is a way around it but cannot see how to do it.

For this PayPal would be 2.9% + 0.20p
Ebay FVF would be 9%

So I am looking for a formula that will work out an eBay Sale Price that gives me £20 profit and works out the C2,D2 and E2 as a total price.

Hope that makes sense.

PS I want to apply this formula to 1000's of entries to fit the table opposite.

See worksheet here

Well, I like that you have table-ized everything. It's easy to look up the relevant VAT rate, or eBay rate, or Amazon rate, etc. However, I think it's gotten a bit beyond what we can handle on a Q&A board. 10 sheets, dozens of tables, thousands of items? You might need to invest in a consultant.

My original approach was to use algebra to find the Final Price, since everything else was a constant that could be looked up. However, once you add details like fees which have a fixed percentage, but also a cap, and fees that have a percentage based on the Final Price, it becomes much murkier. I can't think of a non-iterative way to calculate that. It's a non-continuous function.

If I had to proceed from here, I'd write a macro that starts at cost+VAT, figures out the fees and what's left over for your profit, and quits when everything works and increments by 1 if it doesn't.

I wish you the best of luck, but I doubt I'd be able to fully grasp the complexities of your requirements via this forum, so I'm going to bow out from here.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back