Why 1004 Run Time error at Red Text?

wavery

Sub CopyData_Machine_Performance()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim lastRow As Long
lastRow = Sheets("DATADump").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
Dim ldateto As Long
Dim ldatefrom As Long
Dim ThisMonth As Long
Dim ThisYear As Long
ThisMonth = Month(Sheets("REPORTDATE").Range("C2"))
ThisYear = Year(Sheets("REPORTDATE").Range("C2"))
ldatefrom = DateSerial(ThisYear, ThisMonth, 1)
ldateto = DateSerial(ThisYear, ThisMonth + 1, 0)
With Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE")
.Range("A4:t4") = Array("Asset Number", "Area", "Section", "Location", "Game Tpye", "Mfg", "Denom", "Theme", "Coin In", "CIPUPD", "Win", "T-Win", "Handle Pulls", "DOF", "WPUPD", "T-WPUPD", "Hold%", "T-Hold", "Avg Bet", "House Avg")
End With

With Sheets("DATADump").Range("A1").CurrentRegion

.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=">=" & ldatefrom, Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & ldateto

End With
Sheets("DATADump").Activate
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("O:O")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("P:P")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("Q:Q")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("R:R")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("E:E")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("S:S")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("D:D")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("T:T")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "H").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("G:G")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("H:H")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "J").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("J:J")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "K").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("K:K")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("L:L")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "M").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Intersect(Rows("2:" & lastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), Range("M:M")).Copy Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Cells(Rows.Count, "N").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Columns.AutoFit
If Sheets("DATADump").AutoFilterMode Then Sheets("DATADump").AutoFilterMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Worksheets("DataDump").ShowAllData
Sheets("SLOT MACHINE PERFORMANCE").Select
Call WPUPD
End Sub

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
The Code was working fine until I added a new month of data. I added it the same as always??

Upvote 0
Maybe the 'Current Region' isn't quite what you think it is..

Add this line in there, and what does the message box say?
Rich (BB code):
With Sheets("DataDump").Range("A1").CurrentRegion
    MsgBox .Address
    .AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=">=" & ldatefrom, Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & ldateto

End With

Upvote 0
If you don't know what a command word does, use F2 or put cursor in or next to the word in the VBE and press F1.

When you record a macro with dates, you get something like:
Code:
ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$A$13").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:= _
        ">=10/5/2018", Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=1/3/2019"

e.g.
Code:
Msgbox Format(date, "mm/dd/yyyy")

If the range is wrong maybe you want UsedRange? e.g.
Code:
With Sheets("DataDump").UsedRange
    MsgBox .Address

End With

Upvote 0
If the message box produced a range, then the range isn't the problem (it's OK that it's 'larger than' your actual data. Smaller may have been an issue).

So it must be the ctiteria that is the probem.
As Kenneth Suggests, try making your dates into Text.

Dim ldatefrom as String
ldatefrom = Format(DateSerial(yr,mnth,day),"mm/dd/yyyy")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried the date string and got no positive results. This code has been working for awhile now so I fond it strange that the date would all of the sudden not work. The only difference between this month an last month is more data. So for now I seems to work with the change below. I guess we will see what next month brings. Thank you al for your quick response and input, I have learned a lot by asking questions here.

With Sheets("DATADump").Range("A1").CurrentRegion

I changed the Range

• With Sheets("DATADump").Range("A1").CurrentRegion

To:

• With Sheets("DATADump").Range("A1")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back