Prevent Page Breaks in Between Certain Rows

cgfrank

Board Regular
(sorry to start a 3rd post in 2 days...I'm dabbling in foreign excel territory and Google isn't helping).

I have a worksheet that spreads over 2 pages. I have command buttons that insert rows as needed in various places. The worksheet is basically spread into 5 sections/categories of items and the inserted rows could appear in any of those 5 categories. It could eventually spill over to 3 pages or more.

How do I prevent a page break from splitting the sections/categories up? I'm ok with the page break being moved around in between sections, but I don't want it to go in between rows within a section. If i add enough rows to section A that it pushes part of Section B onto the next page, I want it to move all of section B onto the next page.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
re: page breaks where I want them

Insert a manual page break just above the section that is split across two pages.
Note that auto page breaks that follow the manual break have moved down.

Upvote 0
I dont think that would work because sometimes the break should be between sections 1 and 2, and other times between 2 and 3, or even 3 and 4, depending how many rows are inserted in each section.

Upvote 0
cg,
There is no automatic way to place page breaks in custom locations on a worksheet.*
Also, there is no way to remove auto page breaks. You can adjust their location, sometimes, by reducing or increasing the row heights of a particular section by a point or so.

Start by removing all manual page breaks before adding or removing rows.
Then when ready to distribute or print the worksheet, add the manual page breaks as needed.
'---

*I have an Excel add-in that places "rows to repeat" at the bottom of each page.
It now works most of the time, but it was a gruesome exercise getting there and I don't offer it anymore.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back