Pull only rows from another spreadsheet that match certain criteria

jaihawk8

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Every quarter, I have to do bonus statements for our sales rep. Part of that includes giving them the detail that make up their sales for the quarter. I have a master spreadsheet that contains all of the information for all of the reps. Normally I filter that for each rep, copy and paste their sales into their spreadsheet. Is there a way, in their spreadsheet, to write something that will pull their information from the master so I don't have to filter, copy, and paste for 45 different reps?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Every quarter, I have to do bonus statements for our sales rep. Part of that includes giving them the detail that make up their sales for the quarter. I have a master spreadsheet that contains all of the information for all of the reps. Normally I filter that for each rep, copy and paste their sales into their spreadsheet. Is there a way, in their spreadsheet, to write something that will pull their information from the master so I don't have to filter, copy, and paste for 45 different reps?

Yes I think you can grab information from master-sheet to sub sheets. Would you like to share your workbook or format of your sheet for batter result.

Upvote 0
Hello Jaihawk8,

Further to Muhammad_Usman's request, to share your workbook here, upload it to a free file sharing site such as Drop Box and then post the link to your file back here. If your data is sensitive then please use dummy data.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Yes I think you can grab information from master-sheet to sub sheets. Would you like to share your workbook or format of your sheet for batter result.

Okay, here are examples of the 2 files.

Commission Log Example is the Master File
Earnings Statement Example is the Sales Rep File

What I would like to do in the Sales Rep File is pull all of the rows from the Commission Log Example that meet certain criteria. In this example, I would like to populate the Earnings Statement File with all of the rows that are for the Sales Rep "Brett Saberhagen".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54zuazomqeomoda/Commission Log Example.xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cojkzr4vc3cb097/Earnings Statment Example.xlsx?dl=0

Upvote 0
Insert a new column in front of the current column A in
Earnings Statement File.

Now enter in A1:
Brett Saberhagen

In A2 control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$2:$E$9=$A$1,ROW('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$2:$E$9)-ROW(INDEX('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$2:$E$9,1,1))+1),ROWS($A$2:A2)),"")

In B2 just enter, copy across to AC2, and copy down:

=IF($A2="","",INDEX('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$2:$AB$9,$A2,MATCH(B$1,'[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1:$AB$1,0)))<strike>
</strike>

Upvote 0
Insert a new column in front of the current column A in
Earnings Statement File.

Now enter in A1:
Brett Saberhagen

In A2 control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IFERROR(SMALL(IF('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$2:$E$9=$A$1,ROW('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$2:$E$9)-ROW(INDEX('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$2:$E$9,1,1))+1),ROWS($A$2:A2)),"")

In B2 just enter, copy across to AC2, and copy down:

=IF($A2="","",INDEX('[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$2:$AB$9,$A2,MATCH(B$1,'[Commission Log Example.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1:$AB$1,0)))<strike>
</strike>

I followed your instructions. In A2, it gives 1 and only completes 1 line after the formula in B2 has been copied down. I'm thinking that A2 should be 3, since there are 3 instances of Brett Saberhagen. What did I do wrong?

Upvote 0
I followed your instructions. In A2, it gives 1 and only completes 1 line after the formula in B2 has been copied down. I'm thinking that A2 should be 3, since there are 3 instances of Brett Saberhagen. What did I do wrong?

Control+shift+enter: press down the control and the shift keys at the same time while you hit the nter key. If done correctly, Excel itself puts a pair of { and } around the formula in recognition.

Upvote 0
Control+shift+enter: press down the control and the shift keys at the same time while you hit the nter key. If done correctly, Excel itself puts a pair of { and } around the formula in recognition.

I do have the { } around the formula, but it's still giving 1 in A2. Is there a need for it to know how many instances of Brett Saberhagen appear first so it knows how many rows it needs to come up with?

Upvote 0
See: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ej99w2w8hjtgpn/Earnings Statment Example.xlsx?dl=0

When you open this file, the source file Commission Log Example must also be open.

Thank you for that. Two additional questions...

Can this be written to include two criteria? For instance, we already have it using the name of the Sales Rep. Would it also be possible to have it use the payroll date to only pull in the information for the rep for a specific pay period?

Second question is if it's possible to have it pull in the same formatting as on the Commission Log.

I guess a third question would be if this could be made into an expanding table. For formatting purposes.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back