What is dividing my document

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I can't figure out why the sheet has a split between columns on the page. I've ruled out page breaks and print area. If I drag it the divider it gets worse. What is it and how do I get this sheet to display, neat and clear, without all those other areas in the display?

Here's a screenshot.

https://app.box.com/s/z5z0rcp4xgd4vwfe1wgn

Bingo! :p

I thought that's what that was but when I tried dragging it it split the page like this.

https://app.box.com/s/l9ejhyrxoamweuvf649dg9le58iu21zc

It happened again this time but this time, when I dragged it as it showed up on my screen.

I think it was because I was in Page Layout. When I went into View and selected Break Preview, as you suggested, I got the dotted lines and dragging it worked.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Happy it helped but
When I went into View and selected Break Preview, as you suggested,
why didn't you follow the instruction in the first place (we don't type it for fun you know :biggrin:)?

Upvote 0
Not sure why your so testy my friend. Your initial response began that way when you took me to task for not sending the worksheet, so I sent it.

I apologize for, apparently, failing to follow your instructions, I actually thought I had.

I love your avatar, it really appears to reflect your personality :LOL:

Now, if you're though chewing me out maybe you can explain something else about the worksheet. It seems to have grown into a huge number of pages and it's very unwieldy. Any idea how I can change that?

https://app.box.com/s/l9ejhyrxoamweuvf649dg9le58iu21zc

Upvote 0
I'll have a look if no-one else does when I get in tonight.

Upvote 0
Sorry as I haven't had time to be on the forum for a couple of days but I am a bit confused as the file in the link only prints one page and the file size is only 23.2KB?

If you are talking about the view in Page layout then play with the zoom slider in the status bar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I checked the file and your right. I thought when I copied the worksheet it would look like the worksheet in the workbook, but it just the page.

No matter, I think I've sorted it out. Thanks for the f/u. Sorry to be such a dunce.

I only have one XL project, to manage my condo's finances and for very long periods of time, it works perfectly, when there's an issue I feel like I've forgotten everything I thought I'd learned: use it or lose it, as they say.

I've been tweaking it for years and it's pretty awesome, thanks almost entirely to the support I've gotten here!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back