Compare old and new large price list

SirPopsALot

Each month I get a new price list from my supplier with 4080 prices. Some months prices change and items are removed or added so the ROW# changes sometimes. I have an Excel workbook setup with Sheet #1 as OLD MONTH, Sheet #2 as NEW MONTH, Sheet #3 as Comparison. Sheets 1 and 2 are setup as follows: Part #s are from D9:D4080, Descriptions are from G9:G4080; Price Column 2 are from J9:J4080; Price Column 3 are from L9:L4080: Price Column 4 are from N9:N4080.

I want Sheet #3 COMPARISON to have Column A=Part # Old Month; Column B=Part # New Month; Column C=TEST (to make sure Part # mach); Column D=Description; Column E= Old Col #2 Price; Column F=New Col #2 Price' Column G=Difference of Column E and F;
Column H= Old Col #3 Price; Column I=New Col #3 Price' Column J=Difference of Column H and I;
Column K= Old Col #4 Price; Column L=New Col #4 Price' Column M=Difference of Column K and L

OR MAYBE THERE IS AN EASIER WAY TO COMPARE AN OLD PRICE LIST TO A NEW ONE AND FIND THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICING! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
What version of Excel are you using?
Do you have access to Power Query as this would be very simple to solve?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back