VLOOKUP AND - Multiple Critierias

Bilingual

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, im working on a sheet where i need to verify whether two columns fullfill a criteria from a table, i use this formula:

=IFERROR(IF(AND(VLOOKUP([@[From zone]];Tabel5;1;FALSE)=[@[From zone]];VLOOKUP([@[To zone]];Tabel5;1;FALSE)=[@[To zone]]);[@[Value 2]];"");0)

However as i need to verify from not only Table5, but also Table6 and Table7, i have problems doing this in the same formula, right now i have solved it by making 3 separate calculated columns and one sum column, but is there a better way?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
You can use an OR statement. But why do you want to LOOKUP a value in the first column of a table? Just use the value

Upvote 0
You can use an OR statement. But why do you want to LOOKUP a value in the first column of a table? Just use the value

Hi Arthurbr, i need to check whether both the to and from zone columns occur in the Table in the separate sheet.

example

To zone:From zone:

ALL45
ALL78

<tbody>
</tbody>

Table

Zone:
ALL45
ALL46

<tbody>
</tbody>

In this case, the formula will not return any value as the criteria is not fulfilled.

Upvote 0
I understand that but your VLOOKUP boils down to =VLOOKUP(A1,some_range,1,0) which returns A1 or an error
Perhaps =IFERROR(IF(OR(AND(countif(tABEL5,a1),COUNTIF(TABEL5,B1)),AND(COUNTIF(TABEL6,A1),COUNTIF (TABEL6,B1)),ETC....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back