lookup with a twist

frankandsteph

So I have a dynamic lookup I need some help with. I have some vba code that heads out to a network drive and brings in multiple sheets from dozens of workbooks. It then creates a list of sheet names in column B of my 'summary' sheet. The next time I run it it clears out all the old sheets and brings them back in to this master workbook and recreates by list of sheet names.

What I would like to do is, after everything is copied in, place the last value in column C of all the sheets next to its name on my summary page. Seems simple, but since the tab names are dynamic I can't hard code into a lookup.

I am using this to grab the minimum value, but I can't seem to make the leap to get the last value in C
=IFERROR(MIN(INDIRECT(B4&"!I:I")),"")

Any thoughts?

-Frank

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
It is bringing back a date from column C, just no the last date, 12 rows from the bottom to be exact! So almost there

Upvote 0
Are there blanks in that column? Choose a column without blanks, maybe column A?

=INDIRECT(B4&"!"&ADDRESS(COUNTA(INDIRECT(B4&"!A:A")),3))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I understand what you are asking, the countA is also counting the balnks at the top of my data set. The bad thing is that my date and data columns all start a ways down and nothing has a full column set of data!

Upvote 0
Without a complete column I can't think of a method for finding the last row without VBA or a helper column to make a complete row. It's ok if the data starts on row 12, but this method requires a complete row beneath that.

Upvote 0
Just noticed you mentioned starting on row 12 and being 12 rows off the result. Makes me think column C is complete =INDIRECT(B4&"!"&ADDRESS(COUNTA(INDIRECT(B4&"!C:C"))+11,3))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just noticed you mentioned starting on row 12 and being 12 rows off the result. Makes me think column C is complete =INDIRECT(B4&"!"&ADDRESS(COUNTA(INDIRECT(B4&"!C:C"))+11,3))

PERFECT..Thank You

What would I change to grab the 1st piece of data in C?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back