increase only selected cells by percentage via scroll bar

keithmct

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
I already have a scroll bar that increases profit value of all my products sold uniformly on a quoting spreadsheet. However I require some products to have a higher profit applied as they are more expensive to produce. What happens at the moment is my SS works out the base cost, uses a vlookup to see what the profit should be based on selling 1 to 30 items (more profit for 1 and then profit reduces & plateaus for subsequent units sold). I then take an average of the profit and apply that to each item on the quote so that customers don't just choose the cheapest items. This average profit is in U102.
Scroll bar (from 75% to 250%) then changes U106 from say, 1.00 to 1.45 so i can multiply the profit amounts in the vlookup accordingly. New avg profit amounts will reflect in U102.
If I have a quote with both cheap units and expensive units and I want to just select the expensive units to increase the profit on, how might I go about it?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back