How to calculate Regular working hours and Over time

rehanemis

Board Regular
Hi,

I am facing issue to get the result of Regular hours and over time based on the following conditions.

Input is as:
A1 = Start Time
B1= End time

Conditions as:

Regular hoursOver Time (1x)Over Time (1.5 x)Over Time(sunday- 1.5x)Over Time Sunday(2x)
8:00 AM to 5: PM6:00 AM to 7:59 AM9:00 PM to 5:59 AM6:00 AM to 9:00 PM9:01 PM to 5:59 AM
5:00 PM to 9:00 PM

<tbody>
</tbody>

I would like to get the formula that is for each column (as mentioned above). Suppose a person worked from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM then its regular hours will be in regular hours column and over time in 1x and so on.

There may be a chance a person worked from 8:00 AM to 7:59 AM for 24 hours so each column will contains related hours.

any suggestion ?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I suggest you ensure that when a person works from X to Y his accompanying data will have the date as well as the time. In other words, all this type of data should be an Excel Date and Time Serial Number. Otherwise, clock maths gets cumbersome, complex and frustrating.

So, could you please provide a couple of dozen rows of varied sample work times and dates for each workman?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So the data rows should like these:

Wednesday

<tbody>
</tbody>
8/1/20188:00 AM9:00 PM
Thursday8/2/20182:00 PM6:00 AM

<tbody>
</tbody>

There are multiple condition for a single record so I think there may be very long formula using if , and , or etc).

I suggest you ensure that when a person works from X to Y his accompanying data will have the date as well as the time. In other words, all this type of data should be an Excel Date and Time Serial Number. Otherwise, clock maths gets cumbersome, complex and frustrating.

So, could you please provide a couple of dozen rows of varied sample work times and dates for each workman?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back